Product Marketing Manager
We are Torq - We’re transforming cybersecurity by putting powerful no-code automation in the hands of every security professional - helping them deliver stronger, faster protection in minutes. From the Fortune 10 to cutting-edge startups - Torq’s automation helps shorten threat response time by 70%, or reduce manual work by 75% for any security process. It’s no wonder we’re doubling our customer base every few months, and have grown our team over 300% in the past year
What’s our secret? people. The best team, the best culture - this is why we deliver the best possible results to our customers. And to keep doing this - we’re looking for smart, professional, teammates to join us - we’re just getting started!
We're currently looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our marketing team. This role includes sales enablement, messaging development, analyst relations, and content development. You'd work closely with our Product team, and Sales team, as well as our growing field organization.
- Develop and maintain a level of expertise in the Torq product on par with that of a field engineer.
- Create and iterate upon persona definitions and product positioning as the Torq platform matures and additional customer feedback is collected.
- Create content (webinars, speaking sessions, blogs) demonstrating Torq’s value for use in marketing activities.
- Create collateral for use by our sales and field engineering teams - product data sheets, use case overviews, competitive battle cards, and reference architectures.
- Plan and execute a steady cadence of engagement with industry analysts. Share win wires and company updates, coordinate and participate in briefings, and use analyst inquiries to drive messaging and positioning.
- Work with sales and other customer-facing teams to collect customer and prospect feedback on Torq’s product and messaging, and collaborate with others within marketing to iterate upon messages and content
Your day to day
- Creating content for use in marketing, sales, or analyst efforts, and working with our content team to optimize the content for the intended channel and audience.
- Meeting with product, field engineering, and sales teammates to gather intelligence on product updates and customer use cases.
- Meeting with marketing teammates to incorporate feedback from customers and field teams into ongoing efforts.
- Planning product launch activities and ensuring internal teams are aligned on key milestones and messages.
- Keeping our internal resource library (we use Notion) up to date with the latest collateral, competitive intelligence, and analyst insights - as well as ensuring this material can be found and used when needed.
Requirements: When we start to interview candidates, here are some of the things we’ll be looking for and asking about. This isn't a checklist of requirements - but rather a guide to types of questions you can expect, or experiences/skills we'll be evaluating.
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Marketing / Product Management or similar roles at either security or automation software companies.
- Experience in Cyber Security fields.
- Experience with customer, partner, and/or public-facing communication.
- Experience using workflow automation tools in a professional or personal context.
- Ability to articulate opinions on how product marketing, and the functions within it, should be measured.
- Ability to speak about experiences with both good teamwork and bad teamwork, and what actions make the difference between the two.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to a team defined and empowered by diversity. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.