At StarTree we're a group of passionate individuals that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
Our aim is to make it simple for every company to delight their users - external and internal - and create new revenue streams from their data, by building the world’s most comprehensive and accessible cloud analytics system.
The Developer Advocacy team is responsible for making Apache Pinot® and related technologies famous. We do that by showing developers how to use Pinot and explaining why real-time analytics matters to contemporary applications—as developers speaking to our fellow developers. The role requires good writing and presenting skills, a background as a software engineer, deep empathy for your fellow developers learning hard new things, and some willingness to travel.
Job Responsibilities :
- Create fun, engaging, technically deep presentations explaining Pinot, real-time analytics, and related technologies to your fellow developers
- Present at conferences and meetups, both on-line and in person
- Write blog posts sharing your discoveries and explaining Pinot concepts in written form
- Contribute documentation topics that help developers adopt and use Pinot successfully
- Write quality sample code that illustrates how to embed real-time analytics in practical applications
- Create screencasts and tutorial videos explaining and applying Pinot and related technologies
- Answer questions in Community Slack, Stack Overflow, Twitter, or wherever developers are asking questions about Pinot
- Travel 20-30% of the time
- Experience at some of the following: speaking at conferences, speaking at meetups, hosting webinars, leading training
- Experiencing writing technical blog posts or documentation
- Deep empathy for developers learning a new and potentially difficult technology
- Extensive experience with at least one common programming language and a basic understanding of others (Java, Python, Ruby, C++).
- Experience and understanding of variety of databases, data stores, warehouses, and distributed systems
- An unremittingly positive attitude
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of Apache Pinot
StarTree is a cloud-based software company that enables business customers to derive advanced insights from real-time and historical data. StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of Apache Pinot, which currently powers hundreds of user-facing applications at companies across industries, including LinkedIn, Uber, Target, 7Eleven, Etsy, Walmart, WePay, Factual, Weibo, and more. StarTree Cloud has enabled even more companies to deploy and operate real-time analytics at scale, including Stripe, Sovrn, Roadie, Just Eat Takeaway.com, Dialpad, Guitar Center, Blinkit, and more.
StarTree recently announced our Series B Funding with investment from GGV Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and CRV. We have been named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups and one of CRN's 10 Coolest Cloud Computing Startup Companies of 2022!