Software Engineer, Platform
At StarTree we're a group of passionate individuals that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
Our aim is to make it simple for every company to delight their users - external and internal - and create new revenue streams from their data, by building the world’s most comprehensive and accessible cloud analytics system.
About the Team:
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for building innovative SaaS services and platforms. The team builds and operates StarTree cloud platform, a robust, resilient, auto-scaling platform that allows us to offer the power of Apache Pinot as a fully managed service by seamlessly managing hundreds of fully automated clusters in production.
The team is fast-paced, high-velocity, and innovative using state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving sophisticated challenges and learning through continuous iterations.
About the Role:
The platform engineering role requires strong software engineering fundamentals, knowledge of building and operating distributed systems and services. In this role, you’ll be contributing to the following areas:
- Creating and operating multiple high scale services that can be deployed seamlessly across any public cloud
- Managing substantial Kubernetes workloads that span across all major cloud providers and regions
- Owning the design and development of multiple features in the cloud control plane and platform
- Non-functional requirements (performance, scalability, reliability, availability, etc.)
- Championing Agile software development and quality standards
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, and/or 5+ years relevant industry
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Proficiency with Java and/or Golang programming
- Knowledge of cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong experience with container workloads (Kubernetes,Terraform, ect.)
- Experience building and operating SaaS services/products is a plus
- Open-source contributions are a plus
The base salary range for this US full-time position is $150,000 - $220,000, subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. Additionally, new hires receive competitive and compelling equity grants, and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates. The Salary and Equity compensation offered may vary depending on factors including: location, skills, experience, and the assessment process.
StarTree is a cloud-based software company that enables business customers to derive advanced insights from real-time and historical data. StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of Apache Pinot, which currently powers hundreds of user-facing applications at companies across industries, including LinkedIn, Uber, Target, 7Eleven, Etsy, Walmart, WePay, Factual, Weibo, and more. StarTree Cloud has enabled even more companies to deploy and operate real-time analytics at scale, including Stripe, Sovrn, Roadie, Just Eat Takeaway.com, Dialpad, Guitar Center, Blinkit, and more.
StarTree recently announced our Series B Funding with investment from GGV Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and CRV. We have been named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups and one of CRN's 10 Coolest Cloud Computing Startup Companies of 2022!