Technical Support Engineer - US West
At StarTree we're a group of passionate individuals that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
Our aim is to make it simple for every company to delight their users - external and internal - and create new revenue streams from their data, by building the world’s most comprehensive and accessible cloud analytics system.
About the Role:
StarTree is seeking an experienced Technical Support Engineer for the US West region (PST/MST) who craves a challenge and feels energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize StarTree's potential and solve big problems.
Technical Support Engineers work at the intersection of StarTree’s engineering, sales, and customer success teams and drive customer success by helping identify and resolve critical issues in their production and pre-production environments.
In this role, you’ll interact directly with our customers to provide software development and operations expertise, leveraging deep knowledge of best practices in the use of Apache Pinot and the broader StarTree Platform. You will be hands-on fixing issues seen by StarTree customers. This may include contributing fixes back to the open source community. You’ll build strong relationships with customers, ensuring exemplary support and timely resolution to customer requests.
- Collaborate with other engineers to understand and troubleshoot systems and use the experience gained to influence the roadmap of the StarTree product
- Work with customers to resolve a wide range of issues with their deployments and usage
- Contribute to process development - we are always looking to improve how we work
- Communicate with product and engineering teams to provide product feedback from the field
- Improve product documentation and author knowledge base articles
- Create internal tooling and review product demos
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in diagnosing, reproducing, and resolving technical issues in complex customer production environments
- Deep desire to help customers through direct interaction
- Previous experience working in a startup environment with global customers
- Experience troubleshooting applications running on Linux (resource contention, network bottlenecks, etc.)
- Operational knowledge of Java applications
- Experience with at least one mainstream distributed system
- Familiarity with streaming systems, such as Kafka, Pulsar, Flume, Flink, Spark, or similar
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Excitement in learning about streaming data and becoming a domain expert in Apache Pinot
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
The base salary range for this US full-time position is $140,000 - $200,000, subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. Additionally, new hires receive competitive and compelling equity grants, and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates. The Salary and Equity compensation offered may vary depending on factors including: location, skills, experience, and the assessment process.
StarTree is a cloud-based software company that enables business customers to derive advanced insights from real-time and historical data. StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of Apache Pinot, which currently powers hundreds of user-facing applications at companies across industries, including LinkedIn, Uber, Target, 7Eleven, Etsy, Walmart, WePay, Factual, Weibo, and more. StarTree Cloud has enabled even more companies to deploy and operate real-time analytics at scale, including Stripe, Sovrn, Roadie, Just Eat Takeaway.com, Dialpad, Guitar Center, Blinkit, and more.
StarTree recently announced our Series B Funding with investment from GGV Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and CRV. We have been named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups and one of CRN's 10 Coolest Cloud Computing Startup Companies of 2022!