Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
At StarTree we're a group of passionate individuals that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
Our aim is to make it simple for every company to delight their users - external and internal - and create new revenue streams from their data, by building the world’s most comprehensive and accessible cloud analytics system.
About the Team:
The Data Infrastructure team is at the core of StarTree’s SaaS offering - enabling our customers to leverage real-time data to accelerate key decision-making by building world-class data ingestion, processing, and serving systems. The team is responsible for scaling and evolving StarTree’s Pinot Engine and the corresponding data platforms.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll be contributing to the open-source Apache Pinot software in addition to the following areas:
- Building real-time database/data system internals
- Query engine optimization, compilation, and execution
- Data ingestion, storage, modeling, and indexing services
- Building scalable, low latency, distributed systems
- Creating automation and abstraction self-service tooling
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in a related field
- Proficiency in Java, C++, or Scala programming languages
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, etc)
- Familiarity with stream/batch processing, database, and/or data system internals
- Hands on experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of multi-threading and concurrency concepts
- Open-source contributions is a plus
StarTree is a cloud-based software company that enables business customers to derive advanced insights from real-time and historical data. StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of Apache Pinot, which currently powers hundreds of user-facing applications at companies across industries, including LinkedIn, Uber, Target, 7Eleven, Etsy, Walmart, WePay, Factual, Weibo, and more. StarTree Cloud has enabled even more companies to deploy and operate real-time analytics at scale, including Stripe, Sovrn, Roadie, Just Eat Takeaway.com, Dialpad, Guitar Center, Blinkit, and more.
StarTree recently announced our Series B Funding with investment from GGV Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and CRV. We have been named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups and one of CRN's 10 Coolest Cloud Computing Startup Companies of 2022!