Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager, India
At StarTree we're a group of passionate individuals that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
Our aim is to make it simple for every company to delight their users - external and internal - and create new revenue streams from their data, by building the world’s most comprehensive and accessible cloud analytics system.
About the role:
The SRE leader will play a pivotal role in guiding a platform-focused SRE team, ensuring the reliability of the platform and implementing engineering and operations processes. This leader will foster collaboration with multiple teams within the organization, demonstrating excellent diplomacy and follow-through.
- Leadership & Team Empowerment:
- Lead a team of Site Reliability Engineers in a fast-paced environment, focusing on priorities, achievements, and deliverables.
- Coach and mentor team members, setting them up for success and building clear career paths.
- Provide context and timely feedback to the team, empowering them to excel.
- Ensure the team's alignment with daily agile SRE practices.
- Engineering & Operations Excellence:
- Take ownership of the service and its reliability, while collaborating with other teams within the organization.
- Design and map key performance indicators to achieve the organization's mission.
- Lead the definition of requirements, setting priorities, and planning engineering deliverables.
- Optimize the velocity and efficiency of delivery, constantly driving for improvement.
- Collaboration & Stakeholder Management:
- Build and maintain trust with stakeholders through effective diplomacy, discussion, and follow-through.
- Collaborate closely with internal customers, product engineering, and development groups.
- Invest time in building strong relationships with key partners across the organization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in critical, large-scale distributed systems.
- At least 3 years of experience building and leading engineering teams, with a preference for SRE or Production Engineering backgrounds.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Golang, Java, Python.
- Solid understanding of SRE principles, including monitoring, alerting, fault analysis, and more.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, adept at working with various teams and influencing decision-making.
- A passionate individual with a keen eye for detail and commitment to excellence.
StarTree is a cloud-based software company that enables business customers to derive advanced insights from real-time and historical data. StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of Apache Pinot, which currently powers hundreds of user-facing applications at companies across industries, including LinkedIn, Uber, Target, 7Eleven, Etsy, Walmart, WePay, Factual, Weibo, and more. StarTree Cloud has enabled even more companies to deploy and operate real-time analytics at scale, including Stripe, Sovrn, Roadie, Just Eat Takeaway.com, Dialpad, Guitar Center, Blinkit, and more.
StarTree recently announced our Series B Funding with investment from GGV Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and CRV. We have been named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups and one of CRN's 10 Coolest Cloud Computing Startup Companies of 2022!