Senior Developer Advocate
At StarTree we're a group of passionate individuals that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
Our aim is to make it simple for every company to delight their users - external and internal - and create new revenue streams from their data, by building the world’s most comprehensive and accessible cloud analytics system.
- Create interesting, technically appropriate, and well-written blog content sharing your own discoveries and explaining Apache Pinot™ and Real-Time Analytics concepts
- Answer questions in Community Slack, Stack Overflow, Twitter, or wherever developers are asking questions about Pinot
- Create fun, engaging, technically deep presentations explaining Pinot, real-time analytics, and related technologies to your fellow developers
- Present at conferences and meetups, both online and in-person
- Write quality sample code that illustrates how to embed real-time analytics in practical applications
- Create screencasts and tutorial videos explaining and applying Pinot and related technologies
- Contribute documentation topics that help developers adopt and use Pinot successfully
- Travel 20-30% of the time
- Experience writing high-quality technical blog posts or documentation
- Experience at some of the following: speaking at conferences, speaking at meetups, hosting webinars, leading training
- Deep empathy for developers learning a new and potentially difficult technology
- Extensive experience with at least one common programming language and a basic understanding of others (Java, Python, Go, C++).
- Experience with and understanding of a variety of databases, data stores, data warehouse/lakehouse technologies, and distributed systems
- Experience with and understanding of data streaming technology like Apache Kafka®
- An unremittingly positive attitude
Nice to haves:
Knowledge of Apache Pinot
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary*
- Ownership in the form of stock
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Kindness, compassion and empathy
- True life-work balance
- A commitment to your success and well-being
*The base salary range for this US full-time position is detailed below, subject to standard withholding and applicable taxes. Additionally, new hires receive competitive and compelling equity grants, and access to a comprehensive benefits offering. The base salary range reflects the minimum and maximum target for candidates. The Salary and Equity compensation offered may vary depending on factors including: location, skills, experience, and the assessment process.
- Jr. Developer Advocate: $100k - $125k
- Staff DA: $150k - $175k
- Senior DA: $175k - $195k
- Principal DA: $190k - $215k
StarTree is a cloud-based software company that enables business customers to derive advanced insights from real-time and historical data. StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of Apache Pinot, which currently powers hundreds of user-facing applications at companies across industries, including LinkedIn, Uber, Target, 7Eleven, Etsy, Walmart, WePay, Factual, Weibo, and more. StarTree Cloud has enabled even more companies to deploy and operate real-time analytics at scale, including Stripe, Sovrn, Roadie, Just Eat Takeaway.com, Dialpad, Guitar Center, Blinkit, and more.
StarTree recently announced our Series B Funding with investment from GGV Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and CRV. We have been named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups and one of CRN's 10 Coolest Cloud Computing Startup Companies of 2022!