At StarTree we're a group of passionate individuals that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
Our aim is to make it simple for every company to delight their users - external and internal - and create new revenue streams from their data, by building the world’s most comprehensive and accessible cloud analytics system.
About the Role:
A unique opportunity to be part of a growing Customer Success team in a well-funded SaaS startup with great customer traction. As the technical anchor to our customer success team, you will work closely with our Customers, providing consultative services and support. Your primary responsibility is to ensure our customers are able to realize the full value of the StarTree solution and in an expedient manner. In addition, the Enterprise Architect may be called upon to: Support sales efforts (Pre & Post Sales), assist with the development of best practices and processes in a fast changing growth environment, perform training for clients or partners, and perform other duties as needed to run and maintain our business.
- Ensure a smooth on-boarding process for our customers, including architecture review and best practices for achieving success with our solution.
- Accelerate our Customers’ Time to Value by being the Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Work closely with the Customer Success Manager to make sure our customers’ requirements are addressed
- Troubleshoot performance and configuration issues for StarTree customers
- Build strong relationship internally by collaborating with Sales, Product & Engineering teams
- Improve Services Offerings by integrating field observations and solutions into the cloud service
- Troubleshoot difficult customer issues with Engineering and Support
- Foster and maintains a strong culture of customer service and responsiveness
- Identify and implement changes to methods, processes, systems and technologies to improve customer TTV
- 2-4 years of experience in Pre/Post-Sales or Customer facing roles
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop and Presto is a plus
- Experience with distributed software applications architectures
- Experience developing or using open-source technologies
- Excellent communication, presentation, and demonstration skills, as well as a good understanding of the sales and post sales processes
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills (system/application/network/JVM debugging)
- Strong grasp of cloud infrastructure patterns and services in at least one of the three pubic clouds - Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Good understanding of OLAP technologies as well as SQL
- Bonus points: Certification in Solutions Architecture in one or more of the three public clouds - Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Bonus points: Masters degree in Computer Science with a major in Data related field (Data Science, Data Engineering, or Data Analytics)
What it Takes to Thrive
- A desire to learn and adapt in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- You must be a self-starter who thrives on complexity and independence
- Being highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong team player
StarTree is a cloud-based software company that enables business customers to derive advanced insights from real-time and historical data. StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of Apache Pinot, which currently powers hundreds of user-facing applications at companies across industries, including LinkedIn, Uber, Target, 7Eleven, Etsy, Walmart, WePay, Factual, Weibo, and more. StarTree Cloud has enabled even more companies to deploy and operate real-time analytics at scale, including Stripe, Sovrn, Roadie, Just Eat Takeaway.com, Dialpad, Guitar Center, Blinkit, and more.
StarTree recently announced our Series B Funding with investment from GGV Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and CRV. We have been named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups and one of CRN's 10 Coolest Cloud Computing Startup Companies of 2022!