Staff Software Engineer, Backend
At StarTree we're a group of passionate individuals that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
Our aim is to make it simple for every company to delight their users - external and internal - and create new revenue streams from their data, by building the world’s most comprehensive and accessible cloud analytics system.
About the Team:
The Applications engineering team is in charge of Applications such as ThirdEye and Data Manager (to name a few) that allow customers to leverage fast, fresh and actionable insights from Apache Pinot.
StarTree ThirdEye is an anomaly detection platform that allows organizations to monitor critical Business KPIs in a real-time fashion, and detect any anomalies automatically. StarTree Data Manager enables StarTree users to go from registration to first query within a matter of minutes.
There are more such applications currently in the works.
The charter for the team includes all phases of the application lifecycle from ideation to delivery. The team is in charge of not just frontend and backend but also monetization and growth charter for every application. Additionally, the Applications engineering team is also building an application infrastructure platform that StarTree customers can leverage to build applications themselves.
About the Role:
- Design and implement data intensive, stateful cloud offerings that are fault tolerant and scale gracefully under load.
- Ensure service SLAs are met even in the presence of catastrophic failures by leveraging various monitoring and alerting services to resolve escalations in a timely manner.
- Evaluate and analyze requirements from product owners and coordinate with stakeholders to effectively drive execution from ideation to delivery.
- Interact with the internal/external customers to identify and influence product roadmap.
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years experience building, deploying, and maintaining large-scale cloud services that can handle high volumes of data and traffic.
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development.
- Solid fundamentals in concurrent and multi-threading programming.
- Ability to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to product managers, front-end engineers, and data scientists.
- Proficiency in at least of the programming languages such as Java, Go, Python
- Good understanding of the database concepts and familiarity with SQL
- Interest in evangelism (giving talks at tech conferences, writing blog posts)
StarTree is a cloud-based software company that enables business customers to derive advanced insights from real-time and historical data. StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of Apache Pinot, which currently powers hundreds of user-facing applications at companies across industries, including LinkedIn, Uber, Target, 7Eleven, Etsy, Walmart, WePay, Factual, Weibo, and more. StarTree Cloud has enabled even more companies to deploy and operate real-time analytics at scale, including Stripe, Sovrn, Roadie, Just Eat Takeaway.com, Dialpad, Guitar Center, Blinkit, and more.
StarTree recently announced our Series B Funding with investment from GGV Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and CRV. We have been named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups and one of CRN's 10 Coolest Cloud Computing Startup Companies of 2022!