Staff Software Engineer, Frontend - Apps
At StarTree we're a group of passionate individuals that desire to improve the lives of many by developing tools and technologies that support availability and speed in the world of real-time analytics.
Our aim is to make it simple for every company to delight their users - external and internal - and create new revenue streams from their data, by building the world’s most comprehensive and accessible cloud analytics system.
About the Team:
The Applications engineering team is in charge of Applications such as ThirdEye and Data Manager (to name a few) that allow customers to leverage fast, fresh and actionable insights from Apache Pinot.
StarTree ThirdEye is an anomaly detection platform that allows organizations to monitor critical Business KPIs in a real-time fashion, and detect any anomalies automatically. StarTree Data Manager enables StarTree users to go from registration to first query within a matter of minutes.
There are more such applications currently in the works.
The charter for the team includes all phases of the application lifecycle from ideation to delivery. The team is in charge of not just frontend and backend but also monetization and growth charter for every application. Additionally, the Applications engineering team is also building an application infrastructure platform that StarTree customers can leverage to build applications themselves.
We are looking for highly motivated senior software engineers to build intuitive user experiences that delight our customers.
About the Role:
- Build responsive, scalable user interface for web applications and own it from implementation to rollout
- Build and test well designed, easy to maintain user interface components that are responsive and compatible across browsers
- Collaborate with product managers to understand requirements and work with UX engineers/designers to help design intuitive user interface
- Collaborate with backend engineers to formulate REST API contracts
- Improve quality and reliability of web applications with unit and end-to-end tests
- Uphold a high bar by participating in technical discussions, providing feedback on specs, and making recommendations
- Propose, lead, and roll out technical initiatives that align the team with industry best practices for code quality, observability, and testing
- Take ambiguous technical problem statements and turning them into an actionable plan, and then executing it with the team
- Coordinate cross-team collaborations, incorporate customer feedback into product engineering roadmap, and drive the execution of deliveryWhat we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience building web apps with React (or other similar frontend frameworks)
- Hands-on experience in building scalable web apps from start to end
- StarTree frontend technology stack consists of React applications written in TypeScript along with the standard tooling (webpack, ESLint, stylelint, Prettier, etc) and testing with Jest/React Testing Library and cypress; any experience in these frameworks and technologies is a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to product managers, back-end engineers, and data scientists.
- Past experience building, deploying, and maintaining large-scale cloud services that can handle high volumes of data and traffic is a big plus.
StarTree is a cloud-based software company that enables business customers to derive advanced insights from real-time and historical data. StarTree was founded by the core software engineering team and inventors of Apache Pinot, which currently powers hundreds of user-facing applications at companies across industries, including LinkedIn, Uber, Target, 7Eleven, Etsy, Walmart, WePay, Factual, Weibo, and more. StarTree Cloud has enabled even more companies to deploy and operate real-time analytics at scale, including Stripe, Sovrn, Roadie, Just Eat Takeaway.com, Dialpad, Guitar Center, Blinkit, and more.
StarTree recently announced our Series B Funding with investment from GGV Capital, Sapphire Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, and CRV. We have been named one of The Information's 50 Most Promising Startups and one of CRN's 10 Coolest Cloud Computing Startup Companies of 2022!