Senior Software Engineer-iOS
Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated, highly enthusiastic, technical iOS engineer to join our Checkout, Identity and My Account Team. This team is responsible for building the most critical, high impact and scalable checkout and Identity platform. Our engineers are empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at our fast-growing company. We own the entire buying experience on stockx.com, the StockX iOS app, and the StockX Android app. We take pride in building a seamless, easy-to-use experience for our buyers and have fun doing it.
Our technical stack comprises various systems and services built on Amazon Web Services. We use GraphQL, GoLang, NodeJS, Swift, Kotlin, CircleCI, Kubernetes, Harness, Terraform, LaunchDarkly and Datadog.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be empowered to take ownership of technology decisions and solutions while playing a pivotal role in establishing a successful engineering culture at a fast-growing company.
This is a great opportunity to leverage your existing skills, to build a world-class team and to have a huge impact on how marketplaces can be redefined.
What you’ll do
- Develop, test, and debug the StockX iOS app using Swift and UIKit
- Build GraphQL APIs that interact with our backend services and REST APIs
- Utilize MVVM architecture, design patterns, and best practices
- Stay up-to-date with any technology changes including changes to the language (Swift), tools (Xcode, Mac OS, etc.), platform (iOS), and devices
- Work on initiatives from start to finish including A/B testing
- Work with product owners, internal stakeholders, program managers and engineering managers to crystallize ambiguous requirements and propose resilient technical solutions which scale to future business needs
- Work with engineers in the team to take these proposed solutions and architect and design them
- Efficiently break up large system designs and guide the junior team members in detailed component design. Help the team to implement, deploy and monitor systems and services
- Propose and adopt best engineering practices and guide development standards
- Foster a growth mindset culture. Be a team player. Contribute to and follow team processes for better sprint outcomes
- Apply considerations around security, scalability, reliability, and performance while proposing and building solutions
- Use sound technical judgment to consider technology alternatives, impact on affected and adjacent systems, and design choice tradeoffs
- Demonstrate complete ownership of services for your area of work. Participate in supporting your systems and services through any system upgrades, live site issues and others
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders and users for resolving issues
- 5-10 years of relevant development experience
- Good understanding of the iOS platform including common conventions
- Experience with working in an Agile environment
- Ability to document new features, additions, and bug fixes clearly
- Ability to explain complex technical terms to non-technical users
- Ability to translate non-technical business requirements into a technical solution
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Experience working on cross-functional product teams preferred
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills. Ability to say No
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field preferred
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.