Director of Operations
Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
About the role
The Director of Operations is the leader of our facility in Tempe, AZ and a key member of the leadership team responsible for overseeing all aspects of the operation including but not limited to facility P&L, order fulfillment, labor management, quality assurance, inventory accuracy, safety, and materials procurement. The Director, Operations will work cross-functionally with the business teams as they develop short- and long-term growth strategies. The Director of Operations will also be responsible for additional projects to support the growth, efficiency, and development of the global network.
What you will do
- Holistically oversee the success of the operation, maintaining cross-functional relationships with all key internal stakeholders within the building(s) and throughout the company to achieve planned positive results
- Overall site management with ultimate accountability for production, staffing, inventory, budgets, long-term planning, maintenance, supplies, security, and safety
- Guide, coach, develop management and support teams to establish a culture of honesty, integrity, and respect consistent with StockX’s goal for inclusion and positive work environment
- Establish and maintain a safe and secure work environment, working with Environmental, Health, and Safety team as necessary
- Ensure that Managers, Operations and Team Leaders responsibilities are driven to meet the daily business demands and productivity targets while maintaining highly engaged teams
- Ensure accurate, expected quality, and on-time fulfillment within established SLAs for all customer orders
- Establish and manage an operations budget while also supporting Managers, Operations familiarity and understanding of their application and adherence to set budgets
- Proactively identify, lead and support process improvement initiatives to optimize throughput, quality, and cost for a healthy growth environment
- Maintain accurate inventory through proper inventory management and cycle count procedures.
- Mentor, train, and develop Manager, Operations and Team Leader for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes, as well as, ensuring IDP development to drive individual growth
- Develop, implement, and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Provide reporting/scorecard/dashboards on daily, weekly, and monthly key performance metrics.
- Evaluate industry best practices and innovations
- Manage external partnerships/agreement supporting the region
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor' Degree in Logistics Management, Business, Engineering, Quality or a related field -preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications - preferred
- 7+ years of management experience in a warehouse operation, manufacturing, production, or distribution environment
- Proven management experience running high volume pick and pack warehouse, manufacturing, production or distribution environments
- Project Management Skills – ability to follow project plans and meet key milestones on time, handling multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrated experience with effectively delegating and managing time
- Demonstrated experience with setting and communicating clear expectations and measuring performance results
- Experience holding people accountable for achieving goals within expected timelines
Pursuant to the various pay transparency laws/acts, the base salary range is $(130,000) to $(150,000) plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation is dependent on geography and may vary.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling verified, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs around 1,500 people in offices and verification centers around the world.