Senior General Ledger Accountant
Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you’ll love this role
As a Senior GL Accountant, you will be an integral member of an exciting and awesome accounting team within a hyper-growth company as we continue to expand our services globally. If you enjoy working in a start-up culture, where ambiguity inspires your creativity, StockX may be the place for you.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, you will support StockX’s overall objectives by providing timely and accurate financial results and performing critical tasks needed for the day to day activities and monthly close. You will be responsible for assisting in developing processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In addition, the Senior GL Accountant will support the Senior Manager, Finance, in the day-to-day financial and accounting function in the APAC region. You will also be involved in a number of ad-hoc projects to support our growing business.
What you'll do
- Prepare accounting entries and balance sheet reconciliations for all areas of the income statement and balance sheet
- Responsible for month, quarter, and year-end close related activities including trend analysis, preparation of flux analysis and ad hoc analysis, various month-end reports and reconciliations
- Perform analysis on different sets of data and present findings in a concise manner
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and cash flow forecasting
- Maintenance of the fixed asset subledgers
- AP related tasks such as invoice and expense processing
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for external audits
- Support and ensure compliance with all statutory finance and tax filing requirements
- Assist with internal controls implementation and compliance
- Gather, track and present summarized accounting information in slide decks for upper management
- Assist in on-going projects of ERP system
- Proactive in identifying process inefficiencies and offering suggestions for improvements
- Other ad-hoc assignments from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3 -5 years’ relevant accounting experience in maintaining full set of accounts and Big 4 public accounting experience
- Able to meet deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Independent problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities
Nice to have skills & experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS and SOX
- Multi country, multi-currency experience
- Skilled with enterprise accounting software, preferably Workday Financials
- Great influencing and relationship building skills
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling verified, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs around 1,500 people in offices and verification centers around the world.