Senior Automation Project Engineer
Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you'll love this role
This role focuses on developing and optimizing product throughput, which is largely delivered through cost comparison/feasibility studies of the global network, determining changes to transportation and network flow, developing, and optimizing plant layouts, plant scheduling, process design, and equipment recommendations to ensure the most economical packaging/storage/retrieval/selection of product. Works to ensure both the global distribution network and stakeholder’s needs are met, while maintaining high quality, cost effective, and timely services.
What you'll do
- Maps and charts the global network distribution model including inbound sources, fulfillment and storage facilities, operations and staffing, transportation flows, and customer services.
- Strategically plan multi-year MHE automation design.
- Oversee delivery of GFN Capital Projects; Provides governance and oversight for large capital projects. Implement industry automation best practices and technologies.
- Reviews and analyzes material handling equipment and systems, recommends changes and improvements that increase productivity and contributes to overall cost efficiency.
- Develops and maintains performance and quality statistics, assisting operational teams in problem solving and decision making, and promoting development of continuous improvement methods.
- Designs and develops new facilities, process or system layouts, production operations, and implementation of material handling systems including cost justifications and budgeting.
- Reviews and analyzes operations to determine the best flow of information and materials within and between departments, across the global distribution network and supply chain. Identifies and provides supporting data for business risks and strategic opportunities.
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems which contribute to effective information management across the global distribution network.
- Collaborates with leadership to identify and develop project planning strategies, define requirements, scopes, and objectives.
- Oversees the recommendation, selection, and management of vendors and the procurement of third party logistics (3PL) and production equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred in management science, industrial, mechanical, or chemical engineering.
- More than 10 years of experience
- Previous experience within a distribution/fulfillment center strongly desired
- Strong analytical, project, and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business/operational needs and translate them into operational process requirements.
- Accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success.
- Proven track record of successfully achieving priorities and accomplishing objectives.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and other project and product management software, data analytics and modeling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Slack, and other common basic office software.
- Familiarity with Warehouse Management & Control Systems (WMS/WCS) requiredehouse Management & Control Systems (WMS/WCS) required.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the various pay transparency laws/acts, the base salary range is $120,000 to $145,000 plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation is dependent on geography and may vary.
StockX is proud to be a Detroit-based technology leader focused on the large and growing online market for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles, trading cards, and more. StockX's powerful platform connects buyers and sellers of high-demand consumer goods from around the world using dynamic pricing mechanics. This approach affords access and market visibility powered by real-time data that empowers buyers and sellers to determine and transact based on market value. The StockX platform features hundreds of brands across verticals including Jordan Brand, adidas, Nike, Supreme, BAPE, Off-White, Louis Vuitton, Gucci; collectibles from artists including KAWS and Takashi Murakami; and electronics from industry-leading manufacturers Sony, Microsoft, Nvidia, and Apple. Launched in 2016, StockX employs more than 1,000 people across offices and verification centers around the world.