Data Science Manager
Stori is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial technology company, on a mission to democratize credit access for 400 million underbanked LatAm consumers. Stori currently operates in Mexico and has a global team with offices in Arlington Virginia, Mexico City, and Asia. We have quickly made our mark as one of the top digital banks in Mexico with more than two million applicants for our credit card product since launching.
Stori is one of the top-funded startups in the region with US$250 million raised to date. We are backed by top global venture capital funds, such as GGV Capital, GIC, Lightspeed Venture Partners, General Catalyst, Goodwater Capital, Mexico’s Tresalia Capital, Vision Plus Capital, BAI Capital and Source Code Capital; who have successfully invested in startups such as Affirm, Airbnb, Alibaba, Stripe, and TikTok.
Stori has a standout founder team among fintechs, leveraging 100+ years of accumulated experience in consumer finance, banking and technology across Mastercard, Intel, Capital One, Morgan Stanley, GE Capital, and HSBC in the U.S., Mexico and Asia. The team has launched and managed many multi-million-customer credit card products globally, providing a wide breadth of experience and knowledge to our team.
We welcome diversity of background, experience and thinking. Storians are passionate about our mission and take pride in the products we build. Our culture thrives off of a flat structure and an inclusive environment where all of our employees can be their authentic selves, with boundless opportunities for professional growth.
About Stori Data Scientist.
As a customer centered company, customer understanding is the top mission of data scientists at Stori. Among all the sources to be used in customer understandings, Stori data scientists use “Data” as the most reliable one. On any given day you will be challenged on three types of work – end to end Model Development, Problem solving and people management
- Communicate with the business intent holders to understand the business initiatives in the customer management areas
- Lead a team of data scientists, data analyst and data engineer to, build, demonstrate and maintain modeling solutions from end to end to support business
- Explore and evaluate new modeling techniques and data sources for continuous model improvements
- In a fast-growth business environment, day-to-day, you and the team might face different ad-hoc challenges in the domain areas. As a team lead, you will be expected to give directions and solve the problems together with team members.
- Manage and mentor the junior data scientists
- Participate in strategy discussions with senior leadership
An ideal team partner shares: Passion, Curiosity and Problem Solving
As a data scientist at Stori, you will be facing varied problems throughout the life cycle of credit. Though we encourage talents with varied backgrounds to join us, to solve the puzzles with us together, we believe these are the keys:
- Passion in data: Data is the foundation of everything at the Stori Data Science team. We believe in the power of machine learning but data is always our most trustworthy friend.
- Curiosity: We believe curiosity is the best mentor to data scientists. We are not only looking for data scientists, but more importantly, we are looking for partners that can inspire us with their wonders.
- Problem solving: Data scientists at Stori solve puzzles. We use data to understand our customers, we also use data to provide solutions in helping customers. The journey of problem solving can be sometimes challenging but mostly fun if you have Passion and Curiosity.
- Master degree in Computer Science, AI, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math, STEM, or other quantitative fields
- At least 5 years of working experience with Python and SQL programming for data analysis
- At least 5 years of working experience in Machine Learning models
- At least 2 years of people or project management experiences
- Experience of independently driving machine learning modeling project from end to end
- Working experience with AWS, or other equivalent cloud services. Familiar with the usage of cloud storage such as S3, cloud computation environment such as EC2 and machine learning platforms such as sagemaker.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, especially around analytical concepts and methods
- Self-motivated and willing to work in a fast pace environment to meet tight deadlines with proactiveness, decisiveness and flexibility
- Ph.D degree in Computer Science, AI, Physics, Statistics, Applied Math or other quantitative fields
- Working experience in image and voice recognition projects
- Proven track record in managing data scientist and machine learning modeling projects
What we offer
- Make a positive impact on the lives of our customers via financial inclusion
- International exposure & work experience
- Professional development opportunities
- Promote from within
- Competitive salaries with strong Stock Option package
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule including remote work
- Health Savings Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Open office design
- Onsite gym
- Casual dress code
- Company outings
Something looks off?