Global Financial Reporting Senior Accountant
Stori is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial technology company, on a mission to democratize credit access for 400 million underbanked LatAm consumers. Stori currently operates in Mexico and has a global team with offices in Arlington Virginia, Mexico City, and Asia. We have quickly made our mark as one of the top digital banks in Mexico with more than two million applicants for our credit card product since launching.
Stori is one of the top-funded startups in the region with US$250 million raised to date. We are backed by top global venture capital funds, such as GGV Capital, GIC, Lightspeed Venture Partners, General Catalyst, Goodwater Capital, Mexico’s Tresalia Capital, Vision Plus Capital, BAI Capital and Source Code Capital; who have successfully invested in startups such as Affirm, Airbnb, Alibaba, Stripe, and TikTok.
Stori has a standout founder team among fintechs, leveraging 100+ years of accumulated experience in consumer finance, banking and technology across Mastercard, Intel, Capital One, Morgan Stanley, GE Capital, and HSBC in the U.S., Mexico and Asia. The team has launched and managed many multi-million-customer credit card products globally, providing a wide breadth of experience and knowledge to our team.
We welcome diversity of background, experience and thinking. Storians are passionate about our mission and take pride in the products we build. Our culture thrives off of a flat structure and an inclusive environment where all of our employees can be their authentic selves, with boundless opportunities for professional growth.
This role provides very meaningful learning opportunities and projects that some may not experience over their entire career. It's a great time to join us. Stori is looking for a dynamic Global Accounting Specialist as we build out our Controllership department. Reporting to the Global Financial Reporting Manager in the United States, this role will obtain exposure to all aspects of the general ledger and closing process and will have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to significant change initiatives. This role is based in Arlington, Virginia or Washington DC Area.
- Play a key role with the global month-end close process and US regulatory filings
- Provide general accounting support for US entities including preparation of journal entries, bank transaction entries, and other account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly global consolidation across multiple entities including US GAAP adjustments, and intercompany transactions
- Asset with preparation of of consolidated financial statements, including footnotes and underlying support workbooks
- Prepare schedules for external auditors in connection with audits
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and research technical accounting issues to assist with preparation of global accounting policies under US GAAP
- Prepare and maintain intercompany schedules and provide support to tax team over global transfer pricing
- Oversee US expenses and provide support to Accounts Payable team
- Assist with development and implementation of internal controls across the company
- Provide support to local teams on accounting advisory projects with external advisors.
- Work on ad-hoc accounting and finance projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA/CA preferred
- 4+ years of accounting experience, preferable working in Big 4 / Fintech / Financial Institutions.
- Prior experience with financial statement consolidation and financial reporting, preferably with multiple entities
- Basic knowledge of tax and accounting requirements in US and LATAM countries.
- Intermediate to advance level of english
- Experience working in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can easily adapt to change and re-prioritize
- Detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks and work within deadlines
- Comfortable with learning new knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous experience in consumer credit or financial service providers.
- Experience with major ERP systems - Netsuite preferred.
- Strong knowledge and background in US GAAP - knowledge of IFRS or Banking Accounting a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge or background working with US tax requirements
- Knowledge or background in SOX compliance and internal controls
What we offer
- Make a positive impact on the lives of our customers via financial inclusion
- International exposure & work experience
- Professional development opportunities
- Promote from within
- Competitive salaries with strong Stock Option package
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule including remote work
- Health Savings Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Open office design
- Onsite gym
- Casual dress code
- Company outings