Flutter Team Lead
Stream is looking for a Lead Flutter Developer to head up our SDK development for Feeds, Chat and Video SDKs. Our SDKs are used by thousands of companies and billions of end users.
Building SDKs is a little different from building apps. It takes excellent engineering to build an SDK that other engineers want to use. Our Flutter SDKs are all open-source and hosted on GitHub, giving your the opportunity to showcase the quality of your work and help elevate applications for other developers.
For this role, we’re hiring in Amsterdam or remotely (EMEA).
What you will be doing
As a Flutter Team Lead, you will spend your time on engineering by setting the technical direction of our SDKs, managing sprints, and leading a team of 2 - 3 direct reports. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with other team leads and product leaders at the company.
- You are building SDKs that other developers use. This sets a very high bar in terms of code quality.
- Our SDKs are used by some of the world’s largest apps. Stability, performance, and world-class documentation are essential.
- Since we provide APIs & SDKs that thousands of companies use, we can and should optimize to a very high-quality level.
If you are a developer who enjoys writing code, documentation, and building for other developers, this is the perfect role for you.
- 3+ years of experience as a Flutter developer
- 2+ years in a management role
- A passion for ensuring quality by writing pragmatic automated tests
- Attention to user experience details - visual look and feel
- A deep understanding of design and interaction with REST APIs
- Experience building libraries or tools that are used by developers
- Experience with developing SDK libraries or maintaining open-source projects
- DevOps/AWS/Continuous Deployment
- Other technical experience with Go, Python, NodeJS, C#/.NET
Our tech stack
At Stream, we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a shortlist of the technology that we currently use:
- Go, gRPC, RocksDB, Python
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ
- AWS, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Grafana, Graphite, ELK, Jaeger
- Redis, Memcached
Why join Stream?
- History of success. From Amsterdam to Boulder and Techstars in-between, Stream has raised over $58.25M to build the best Chat Messaging & Activity Feed infrastructure available, with best-in-class support.
- Freedom and endless growth opportunities. As a rapidly growing startup (since 2020 we have gone from 30 to 150 employees), Stream gives you unique personal and professional growth opportunities. The opportunity of true ownership and accountability has a massive impact on your career. These are the things you can rarely experience in huge corporations.
- Be on the front line of progress and innovation. While working with cutting-edge technology, we are passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them, empowering engineering teams to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience.
- They believe in us: Stream is backed by leading VC companies (Felicis Ventures, GGV Capital, 01.Advisors, Techstars, Arthur Ventures), including backers like Dick Costolo (01 Advisors, ex-CEO of Twitter), Olivier Pomel (CEO of Datadog), Tom Preston-Werner (Co-Founder of GitHub), Nicolas Dessaigne (Co-Founder of Algolia), Johnny Boufarhat (Founder and CEO of Hopin).
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects ******
- 28 days paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- Remote work flexibility
- A Learning and Development budget
- NS business card or a company bike covered
- Fitness stipend
- Monthly in-office chair massages by a professional
- Parental leave paid at 100%
- MacBook Pro provided
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
**Note:* this list of benefits applies to Netherlands-based employees and is adjusted per your location of residence.*
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Now, Stream is a team of over 130+ peers from over 35 countries across the globe.
We value transparency, aim for excellence, and support each other on our way to new victories.
Our team consists of the strongest talents worldwide, making Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills.
When it comes to software engineering, our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No recruiters/agencies please