Staff React Native Engineer
Staff React Native Software Engineer
We seek an experienced React Native Engineer to join our SDK development team. This is a full-time position in our Amsterdam office or remote from EMEA.
What you will be doing
You will mainly be responsible for building, maintaining, and taking ownership of Stream’s React Native SDKs (Chat and Video) to allow integration with Stream’s core APIs. Your work will be used by thousands of engineers and consumed by billions of their end-users.
As one of Stream’s React Native engineers, you strive to simplify how applications are built. Most of your day will be dedicated to software design, research, and coding. You will be expected to write documentation for the libraries we create and interact with our customers through Github by responding to issues and reviewing pull requests. In addition to feature additions and maintenance, you will also be involved in developer relations for the React Native SDKs.
- Develop, debug, maintain and enhance existing React Native SDKs.
- Work across multiple teams to provide technical insight on product and feature development.
- Collaborate with backend teams to ensure feature parity across SDKs.
- Pivot, jump in, and assist in the development/maintenance of other JS SDKs.
- Assist customers with implementation, respond to GitHub issues and review open-source contributions.
As a team member, you must be excited to grow with Stream. At our core, we are a startup - you should be able to act quickly, thrive in uncertainty, and love pivoting to new technologies.
- Been working as a software engineer for 5+ years
- Professional experience with React Native
- Experience with native iOS/Android and NodeJS
- Experience building libraries or tools that are used by engineers
- A deep understanding of design and interaction with REST APIs
- Experience with TDD and CI/CD.
- TypeScript experience
Our tech stack
At Stream, we use a wide collection of technologies to offer highly optimized and available features to our customers. Here is a short list of the technology that we currently use in the React Native team:
- React Native
- React Native Testing library
- Yarn Workspaces/Lerna
- GitHub Actions
- Flipper (We even wrote our Flipper plugin)
And many more…
Why join Stream?
- History of success. From Amsterdam to Boulder and Techstars in-between, Stream has raised over $58.25M to build the best Chat Messaging & Activity Feed infrastructure available, with best-in-class support.
- Freedom and endless growth opportunities. As a rapidly growing startup (since 2020 we have gone from 30 to 150 employees), Stream gives you unique personal and professional growth opportunities. The opportunity of true ownership and accountability has a massive impact on your career. These are the things you can rarely experience in huge corporations.
- Be on the front line of progress and innovation. While working with cutting-edge technology, we are passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them, empowering engineering teams to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience.
- They believe in us: Stream is backed by leading VC companies (Felicis Ventures, GGV Capital, 01.Advisors, Techstars, Arthur Ventures), including backers like Dick Costolo (01 Advisors, ex-CEO of Twitter), Olivier Pomel (CEO of Datadog), Tom Preston-Werner (Co-Founder of GitHub), Nicolas Dessaigne (Co-Founder of Algolia), Johnny Boufarhat (Founder and CEO of Hopin).
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- 28 days paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- Remote work flexibility
- A Learning and Development budget
- NS business card or a company bike covered
- Fitness stipend
- Monthly in-office chair massages by a professional
- Parental leave paid at 100%
- MacBook Pro provided
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
**Note:* this list of benefits applies to Netherlands-based employees and is adjusted per your location of residence.*
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Now, Stream is a team of over 130+ peers from over 35 countries across the globe.
We value transparency, aim for excellence, and support each other on our way to new victories.
Our team consists of the strongest talents worldwide, making Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills.
When it comes to software engineering, our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No recruiters/agencies please
#amsterdam #remote #reactnative #emea