React Native SDK Team Lead
Stream is looking for a React Native Team Lead to take our React Native SDK team to the next level. This is a full-time job, either onsite in our Amsterdam office or remotely in the EU. Relocation support and visa sponsorship is possible.
What you will be doing
Your main focus will be to lead our React Native SDK team, responsible for our React Native Chat and Video SDKs (Github and Github). Team leads at Stream are very hands-on, and you will spend most of your time coding and working on the tech side of things. You will spend 80% of your time doing IC work and the rest managing team and projects.
You will collaborate closely with the other SDK teams (native mobile, Flutter, React), the backend API, Design, and Devrel teams.
- Lead the technical execution for all our React Native SDKs and ensure our customers get the best React Native SDK they can get in terms of ease of use, features, and stability
- Own the developer experience for our customers and make sure that the SDK is well-documented and easy to use for all supported use-cases
- Hiring and managing the React Native team. As a Team Lead, you maintain a high-quality execution for the entire team and hold yourself and the entire team accountable
- Planning and execution of the technical roadmap for React Native chat and video SDKs
- Assist customers and prospects with implementation, respond to GitHub issues, and review open-source contributions
What makes this role exciting?
- A unique opportunity of working on open-source SDK and write code to be used by other developers
- Providing the best developer experience as a business priority: software quality, performance, testing, and following best practices matter a lot to us
- Hands-on management: our team leads spend 80% of their time coding and tackling complex tech challenges (even our C-level is still hands-on to some extent)
- The very talented and motivated engineering team from all over the globe
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience leading large and complex projects
- A solid understanding of how the React Native framework works
- Experience with native mobile development on iOS or Android
- Professional experience with React Native, Typescript
- Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with REST APIs integrations
- Experience with TDD and CI/CD
- A keen eye for UX detail
- Previous experience building software libraries for other developers
- Experience with OpenAPI / gRPC / protobuf
- WebRTC experience
- Build applications on top of databases (eg. SQLite for mobile, ORMs, …)
- Experience working in SaaS startups
- Experience producing technical documentation
Don’t fall into all of the requirements? You don’t have to match every bullet as long as you can show us that you can pick things up quickly and master the technical domain you work on.
Our tech stack
At Stream, we use a wide collection of technologies to offer our customers highly optimized and available features. Our backend and edge infrastructure is built with Golang, and we use OpenAPI to code generate our HTTP and WS code. We also offer SDKs for all major platforms and have official support for: Jetpack Compose and XML components on Android, SwiftUI and UIKit on iOS, cross-platform with Flutter and React Native, web with React, Angular, and Typescript.
Why join Stream?
- History of success. From Amsterdam to Boulder and Techstars in-between, Stream has raised over $58.25M to build the best Chat Messaging & Activity Feed infrastructure available, with best-in-class support.
- Freedom and endless growth opportunities. As a rapidly growing startup (since 2020 we have gone from 30 to 150 employees), Stream gives you unique personal and professional growth opportunities. The opportunity of true ownership and accountability has a massive impact on your career. These are the things you can rarely experience in huge corporations.
- Be on the front line of progress and innovation. While working with cutting-edge technology, we are passionate about tackling difficult tech problems at scale and creating reusable components for them, empowering engineering teams to ship apps faster, more securely, and with a better user experience.
- They believe in us: Stream is backed by leading VC companies (Felicis Ventures, GGV Capital, 01.Advisors, Techstars, Arthur Ventures), including backers like Dick Costolo (01 Advisors, ex-CEO of Twitter), Olivier Pomel (CEO of Datadog), Tom Preston-Werner (Co-Founder of GitHub), Nicolas Dessaigne (Co-Founder of Algolia), Johnny Boufarhat (Founder and CEO of Hopin).
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- 28 days paid time off plus paid Dutch holidays
- Company equity
- A pension scheme
- Remote work flexibility
- A Learning and Development budget
- NS business card or a company bike covered
- Fitness stipend
- Monthly in-office chair massages by a professional
- Parental leave paid at 100%
- MacBook Pro provided
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
**Note:* this list of benefits applies to Netherlands-based employees and is adjusted per your location of residence.*
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Now, Stream is a team of over 130+ peers from over 35 countries across the globe.
We value transparency, aim for excellence, and support each other on our way to new victories.
Our team consists of the strongest talents worldwide, making Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills.
When it comes to software engineering, our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No recruiters/agencies please
#amsterdam #remote #reactnative #emea