Sr. Operations Associate
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 1, 2023
What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows homeowners to share their passion spaces with their local communities. We started with swimming pools which took us to $20M+ in 2 years, but pools are just the beginning. We’re creating a new category within local experiences. Think AirBnB for swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, basketball courts, music studios, art studios, kitchens and more.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family. We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community. We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button. From their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredibly rapid growth, largely driven by word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months over 4,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 250,000 hours have been booked, and almost a million Swimply guests have enjoyed a neighbor’s pool.
Swimply is looking for passionate data-driven, strategic thinkers to guide key initiatives and drive high-impact performance in our rapidly growing local ecosystem. As a core member of the Operations Team, you will serve as the connective tissue of the organization, you will drive cross-functional alignment, and introduce processes to enable company growth, execution, and operational effectiveness at scale. We're a small but mighty and rapidly growing team, and we are looking for someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves.
- Drive the vision and execution of world class operations within your city
- Execute high visibility projects of varying urgency and scope with a high degree of autonomy
- Oversee business performance reporting and own strategic content distribution to executive leadership
- Measure the impact and efficiency of existing processes within Operations while identifying new ways to create value for the business
- Scale best practices that are incubated from test to global implementation
- Monitor business performance across relevant KPIs and conduct deep dive investigations to understand the “why” behind how metrics are performing
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- Discover new revenue streams and form partnerships to take advantage of them
- With guidance and support from Operations team members, successfully run shifts that will include staffing supervision, ground operations, and administrative duties
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive university
- 5+ years of operations experience working at a high-growth startup
- A go-getter and a self-starter attitude
- Action-oriented, collaborative, and relentlessly focused on clarity and delivery
- Strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skills
- Analytical, with the ability to think critically and develop outside the box solutions to problems
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with web-based customer support tools like Zendesk, Hubspot, Aircall & Sakari
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, SQL skills
- Regulatory, policy or legal knowledge is a plus
- Willingness to travel within the country