Product Design Lead
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
What We Do
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows homeowners to share their passion spaces with their local communities. We started with swimming pools which took us to $20M+ in 2 years, but pools are just the beginning. We’re creating a new category within local experiences. Think AirBnB for swimming pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, basketball courts, music studios, art studios, kitchens and more.
Our mission is to extend the sharing economy beyond the functional to the experiential. We will do this by building an authentic community-driven marketplace that democratizes access and enhances quality of life for the average family. We believe that ownership can be smarter, better, and more meaningful. Helping owners earn an income from their underutilized assets reduces the financial anxiety of ownership and simultaneously fosters community. We envision a world in which anyone, anywhere, can access anything with the tap of a button. From their very own tennis court or swimming pool to home gyms and even music studios - regardless of their economic status.
Where We Are Now
Swimply experienced incredibly rapid growth, largely driven by word-of-mouth and robust media coverage. In just the last six months over 4,000 pools have been listed in the US, over 250,000 hours have been booked, and almost a million Swimply guests have enjoyed a neighbor’s pool.
About the role
As a Product Design Lead at Swimply, you will be at the heart of crafting exceptional user experiences for our mobile app, web app, and various web-based projects, including SEO optimization and landing pages. Your role is pivotal in ensuring that our users have a seamless and delightful interaction with our platforms.
Here's what you'll dive into:
- Craft intuitive, user-friendly interfaces that address user needs and enhance their experience.
- Advocate for a user-centered design approach, conducting user research, user testing, and gathering feedback to inform design decisions.
- Establish and maintain a robust design system that promotes consistency and scalability across Swimply's product portfolio.
- Collaborate with the team to refine design patterns, guidelines, and component libraries.
- Manage multiple design projects simultaneously, ensuring timelines and deliverables are met.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product leadership, engineers, and other stakeholders, to ensure design excellence and alignment with project goals.
- Create interactive prototypes to validate design concepts and user flows.
- Conduct usability testing sessions to gather insights and refine designs iteratively.
- Conduct comprehensive design reviews to ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to design standards.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure accurate implementation of design elements.
- Foster a culture of design thinking and continuous improvement within the team and the organization.
We'd love to hear from you if you have
- An extremely high sense of ownership. We're looking for someone who takes responsibility for their work and feels a strong commitment to the success of the project.
- High agency. You are proactive, take initiative, and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A love for working with cross-functional partners. You enjoy the dynamism and variety of collaborating with different teams, leveraging their unique perspectives to build better products.
- A passion for building products while solving complex design problems. You get a thrill from the challenge of creating efficient, scalable solutions for tough problems, and you enjoy seeing your work result in tangible, successful products.