Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
At Synack, we create technology that unleashes the best cybersecurity talent to secure our digital world.
We protect leading global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise.
Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
We are looking for an experienced and innovative full-stack focused engineer to join our team. Your primary responsibility will be to build scalable web applications and data driven products. If you're ready to take on the challenge of building cutting edge software that will revolutionize the field of cybersecurity we want to hear from you! Sounds interesting? Keep reading…
Here’s what you'll do
- Design, develop, and maintain web applications and services in a full-stack environment
- Responsible for designing, architecting, and delivering scalable, highly available services
- Responsible for owning and ideating technical solutions for product requirements and user stories
- Actively engaging and participating heavily in code and design reviews
- Offer guidance and support to junior team members, encouraging and cultivating a culture of continuous learning within the team
Here's what you'll need
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack or frontend engineering
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Go. Front end development using frameworks like React.
- Strong experience and understanding with service oriented architecture, service-to-service communications (gRPC), writing REST API’s, unit testing, BDD testing, and architectural design
- Experience with backend and frontend messaging solutions such as PubSub , Websockets
- In depth knowledge of No-SQL and RDBMS technologies
- Excellent project management skills with ability to accurately estimate development and testing efforts, identify tasks on the critical path, and assess risk in the overall project
- Experience working on agile teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in all mediums
- Experience working on and scaling a microservice-based application
- A proven ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- You are regarded as an expert in your field and act as a trusted advisor to your colleagues and leaders
- You have a demonstrated expertise in constructing and upkeep systems that are both scalable and highly available.
- Experience scaling highly available, mission-critical systems
Nice to have
- Interest in security / penetration testing
Ready to join us?
Synack is committed to embracing diversity. Our people are our strength. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints. We strive to be inclusive of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Sex, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Disabilities, and Age. Synack welcomes you!
($115,000 - $185,000 USD p/y) Salary is determined by a combination of factors including location, level, relevant experience, and skills. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The compensation package for this position may also include equity, and benefits.
For more details about our benefits, please see here. Then for the Employer code, enter: synack