Senior Director, Human Resources
At Synack, we create technology that unleashes the best cybersecurity talent to secure our digital world.
We protect leading global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise.
Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
Synack is a fully remote, global 200+ person team and we are seeking a hands-on Senior Human Resources Director (Head of HR) to collaborate with a small internal team and outsourced resources to continuously develop the organization’s HR department and to help the team achieve its goals through strategic HR leadership and planning, business partnership, and execution.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Senior HR Director will partner closely with the senior leadership team to develop and ensure effective implementation of the organization’s Human Resources functions, including: recruitment and workforce planning, learning and organizational development, talent management, employee relations and engagement, culture, change management, total rewards, and compliance to reflect the company’s changing needs.
This is an excellent opportunity to build efficiency within an innovative tech company through the practice of HR and its various functions. We are looking for an exceptional leader who is both strategic and hands-on that will support the business and partner with senior leadership to define and execute the HR strategy. The ideal candidate is approachable, resourceful, action-oriented, adaptable, hardworking, team-oriented, and is a positive driver who can unite and rally people together.
Sounds interesting? Keep reading...
Here’s what you'll do
- Partner with the leadership team to formulate, develop, implement and evaluate an HR Strategy to achieve the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Push new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the senior leadership of each business unit regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Lead, manage, and drive continuous improvement in:
- Talent acquisition
- Employee onboarding and engagement
- Performance management
- Compensation and benefits
- Learning and development
- Organizational design and implementation
- Be a champion of company culture, boosting aspects that strengthen the company and addressing aspects that require attention.
- Develop and drive talent acquisition strategies to ensure effective staffing alignment with the needs of the business. Create systems to attract talent, identify critical talent needs, and develop core competencies.
- Lead ongoing programmatic enhancements to the onboarding process to ensure new hires are integrated quickly for ongoing success.
- Build a sustainable talent management strategy for our future by developing effective training programs to retain talent, succeed predecessors, bridge skill gaps, and develop our leaders.
- Lead the effective and efficient administration of the performance management process, making sure that the company’s managers are equipped to engage in constructive and ongoing feedback and coaching.
- Ensure compliance with and maintain current knowledge and application of all relevant laws and regulations at the local, state and national level relating to employment. This includes educating and advising senior leaders on HR-related legal and regulatory matters and ensuring HR programs, practices and policies are aligned.
- Act as a catalyst in settling work related problems that can affect morale and productivity.
- Refine and execute competitive and cost-effective compensation planning and employee benefits strategy and administration. Regularly review compensation and benefits market data, manage benefit broker resources and benefits enrollment process, and manage leave administration.
- Evaluate and manage all third-party People Ops vendors and partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive generalist Human Resources experience and at least three years of team management experience.
- Strong experience across the employee lifecycle from onboarding through performance management and leadership development, including previous ownership or responsibility within talent acquisition and total rewards.
- Experience supporting senior leadership required. Experience leading the HR function, ideally within a 100-500 employee organization preferred.
- Previous HR experience within a technology organization, ideally supporting a cyber-security business.
- Previous HR experience within a global organization is highly
- Experience modeling and recommending different organizational structures is preferred.
- Working knowledge of employment laws.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience in facilitation/presentation, as well as strong organizational skills and acuity with detail.
- Must be collaborative, resourceful and adaptable with an ability to influence and a bias towards action.
- Human resources certification(s) a plus.
Ready to join us?
Synack is committed to embracing diversity. Our people are our strength. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints. We strive to be inclusive of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Sex, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Disabilities, and Age. Synack welcomes you!
$180,000-260,000 total compensation target. Actual compensation is determined by a combination of factors including location, level, relevant experience, and skills. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The compensation package for this position will also include equity and benefits.
For more details about our benefits, please see here. Then for the Employer code, enter: synack