Senior Software Engineer, UI
At Synack, we create technology that unleashes the best cybersecurity talent to secure our digital world.
We protect leading global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise.
Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
Are you ready to leverage your software development skills to build a platform that is transforming cybersecurity? Senior Software UI Engineer you will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative team developing our cybersecurity platforms. You will be a critical contributor to the development of the system while implementing engineering best practices. If you enjoy pivoting between different problems and meeting new challenges every day while developing a solution that is mission critical to the organization, this role is for you! Sounds interesting? Keep reading…
Please note: This is a remote position based in the U.S. We can only hire U.S. citizens for this position due to federal government contract requirements.
Here’s what you'll do
- Work with the product and design team to understand product requirements, and implement a delightful user experience for our customers.
- Develop Web UI components using ReactJS and Redux.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translate wireframes from design systems such as Figma into high-quality front-end code.
- Communicate effectively with the team and participate in design and code reviews.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across all modern browsers.
Here's what you'll need
- 8+ years designing and building great user interfaces utilizing React.
- 5+ years of experience with Redux.
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and experience integrating them into React applications..
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience with testing tools such as Jest, React testing library, TestCafe, Playwright.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack and NPM
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
Great to have
- Highly available and scalable distributed systems facing customer traffic
- Experience in Golang, Rails , NoSQL, Relational database and Kafka
- Experience in Cyber security problem space
Ready to join us?
Synack is committed to embracing diversity. Our people are our strength. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints. We strive to be inclusive of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Sex, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Disabilities, and Age. Synack welcomes you!
($115,000 - $230,000) Salary is determined by a combination of factors including location, level, relevant experience, and skills. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The compensation package for this position may also include equity, and benefits.
For more details about our benefits, please see here. Then for the Employer code, enter: synack