Senior Credit Analyst
Posted on Saturday, March 4, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
As a key member of Tala’s global Credit team, you will assess and manage the credit performance of a portfolio in an individual market by developing subject matter expertise in Tala’s customer segment and loan product. You will leverage our large amount of data to analyze, test, and make data-driven recommendations to improve our credit product offering, partnering closely with our product, data science, and in-market team. The results of the initiatives you lead will increase financial access for our customers and drive positive business outcomes.
What You'll Do:
- Effectively assess and communicate the health of a given country’s portfolio, and make recommendations on credit strategy changes when necessary
- Identify, test, and implement credit strategy, including approval/decline decisions and loan limit, pricing, and duration offerings
- Contribute to the development of new products and features for various customer segments
- Partner with other functional members of the country team to drive positive customer and business outcomes
What You Need:
- Previous experience working with either lending or other financial services analytics
- Ability to set and manage own agenda based on business priorities and relative impact
- 2-4 years experience in analytical roles, with track record of success in FinTech, consumer lending, consumer banking or related industries
- Proven strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in SQL and either Python or R
- Ability to pull, process, and interpret vast amounts of data in a self-sufficient manner
- Ability to use a combination of data, assumptions, and intuition to formulate recommendations
- Ability to navigate the product life cycle - taking an initiative from ideation to implementation
- Curiosity that will enable you to quickly digest the Tala loan product business model
- Comfort working and effectively communicating in a fast paced, dynamic environment with distributed teams
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Tala
Something looks off?