Head of Product
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
As a key member of the Tala Mexico leadership team and an in-country product thought leader, you will be responsible for defining and delivering the future product experience in Mexico, one of Tala’s most exciting and valuable growth markets. You will work in close collaboration with the Mexico GM and global product leads to achieve exceptional business results while delivering on Tala’s vision of creating a financial agency for all.
What You'll Do
- Thought partner with the GM and other members of the Country Leadership team to draft winning business strategies for the Mexico market and align global stakeholders and guild leaders
- Build business cases and drive outcome-oriented product prioritization decisions within the Mexico teams and with global product teams
- Develop and optimize the product strategy and product roadmap for Mexico in collaboration with the GM and global product leads
- Deliver clear and compelling product specs, partnering closely with engineering to ensure excellent development execution
- Influence key stakeholders in Mexico and globally to drive a cohesive product and market strategy, generating strategic and operational alignment through excellent thought leadership, planning, and communication
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights coupled with a deep understanding of both consumer behavior and the local financial services ecosystem to drive outsized impact and ROI
- Drive go-to-market planning of new products and features launching in Mexico and own outcomes and success metrics independently or in close collaboration with global product leaders
What You'll Need
- 7-10+ years experience in Product Management, with a track record of success in FinTech, consumer mobile apps, or related industries
- Demonstrated ability to build and ship innovative new products from scratch and optimize existing products to deliver meaningful business results
- Deep understanding of the Mexican FinTech and/or consumer mobile ecosystem
- Ability to create hypotheses, set up experiments, query data, and analyze product performance and success in order to derive actionable insights
- Experience making build/buy decisions, conducting vendor due diligence, integrating 3rd party APIs, and customizing implementation
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction, wires, and flows for UX design
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to vision set and manage through influence
- Experience leading, managing, and developing product management professionals
- Strong understanding of modern development practices and planning processes
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.