Marketing Strategy Analyst
Marketing & Communications, IT
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Marketing Analyst that is results-oriented and has a natural curiosity for problem-solving. If you’re an outside-the-box thinker who enjoys exploring how strategic marketing decisions help grow to reach within the target audience, then this might be the right for you. This role will report directly to the Manager of Performance Marketing Analytics.
What You'll Do
- Support the development of analytical frameworks to help us optimize existing marketing channels & strategies
- Provide updates on test results based on a defined success framework highlighting key insights for every test setup and connecting the dots between similar tests
- Complete data analysis to inform marketing strategies based on: Synthesize existing research to outline what we already know, Execute analysis to evaluate each hypothesis based on available data, and Consolidate all findings into a recommendation of actions that the team can take to roll out the marketing strategy in a prioritized manner
- Track our user's journey through all existing experience points (website, app store, social platforms) to identify leverage points that could deliver meaningful growth partner with product marketing teams to plan, implement, and analyze tests
What You'll Need
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in marketing, strategy, consulting, and/or analytics; with a strong bias toward data analysis
- Proven strong problem-solving and analytical skills in SQL
- Proficiency Ability to set and manage own agenda based on business priorities and relative impact
- Ability to pull, process, and interpret vast amounts of data in a self-sufficient manner
- Ability to use a combination of data, assumptions, and intuition to formulate recommendations
- Knowledge of marketing analytics software (Google Analytics, Mobile Measurement Partners, etc.) and marketing optimization analysis approaches (e.g. media mix modeling, multi-touch attribution)
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Tala
Something looks off?