Production Support Engineer
Software Engineering, Product, Customer Service
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Production Support Engineer you will support, monitor and maintain the high availability of our platform across all of our markets. You’ll work closely with engineering, CX, product and program teams globally for production incident response and post-mortem processes. You’ll work with the CX team to discover areas of improvement for our product based on their feedback and the customer communication. You’ll continuously review and improve our existing monitoring and alerting systems.
What you'll do:
- Ownership of risk event process for the East Africa & Asia timezone: coordinate teams responding to an incident, communicate effectively, oversee post-mortem and monitor that the follow-up action items are completed
- Continuous improvement of our monitoring dashboards and alerts
- In collaboration with the CX team, identify patterns in customer and product issues and propose improvements
- Identify and communicate repeating themes around risk events and propose improvements to prevent recurrence of the same issues
- Keep track of metrics related to production performance and identify areas of improvement
- Continuous improvements of our documentation library to allow faster onboarding of new team members and more efficient response times
What are we looking for:
- 2+ years of experience working in technology environment with experience in microservices architecture
- 2+ years of experience in incident response or similar role
- Knowledge of various monitoring platforms such as AWS CloudWatch, SumoLogic, APM monitoring (NewRelic, Instana), mobile (Crashlytics data), BI (Looker)
- Sufficient knowledge of relational databases to be able to construct basic queries
- Excellent debugging and documentation skills
- Ability to coordinate incident response and communicate effectively with stakeholders from variety of teams across different timezones
- Ability to remain calm under pressure during a production incident resolution
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Tala
Something looks off?