Senior Revenue Analyst - KE
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a detail-oriented and dynamic Senior Revenue Analyst with experience working in a rapidly growing environment, to join the Global Accounting Optimization Team of Tala. This position requires excellent communication skills, ability to think critically and creatively, attention to detail and a team-oriented attitude. Revenue Recognition is an essential part of our day to day business operations as it ensures that all of our transactional data recorded in our Accounting systems are accurate and complete. The candidate should feel comfortable working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and be comfortable working with high volumes of data and reports.
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Global Accounting Team with all aspects of Tala’s Revenue Recognition, preparation and diving into inquiries on data changes and analysis of monthly Revenue numbers against KPI’s.
- Collaborate with Data and Finance teams to build a sustainable revenue recognition tool with a goal to automate the process and standardize the output reports
- Maintain internal data files and reports in an organized manner that can be relied upon during internal and external audits.
- Provide Accounting teams the support needed during the month-end accounting tasks, Statutory and Regulatory Audits, Close and reporting cycles
- Confirming accuracy/appropriateness of source data files from the database.
- Review Global GL reconciliations pertaining to Tala’s Revenue lines
- Establish reasonable internal controls and maintain adequate and current documentation of Revenue recognition process.
- Build and maintain an adequate, efficient and effective process of Revenue reporting to improve the close and reporting cycles in a timely and accurate manner.
Who you are:
- Loves data – will dig deep to understand the intricacies of a data set
- Can manage discovery and reporting projects from end to end
- Have a strong curiosity around what makes a business tick
- Know how to translate questions into a set of metrics, requirements, and/or reporting
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, or Related Field.
- 3-4 years experience in the Accounting and/or Finance sector with relevant experience Financial analytics, Reconciliations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of IFRS and US GAAP (added advantage)
- Strong proficiency in Excel required, Knowledge of and experience with reporting and data visualization packages (Lookr, Tableau), databases (SQL etc), programming (SQL, XML, )
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.) a plus but not required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence in a dynamic, cross-functional environment; customer-focused, with strong history of driving results, managing complexity and dealing with ambiguity
- Basic understanding of core accounting concepts (balance sheet, profit and loss account, impact of cash transactions on accounts receivable)
- CPA K or CPA candidate
- Preferably with experience in Netsuite or other accounting software.
- Experience working for a global company
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate updates in a concise manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to set and achieve established goals
- Exceptional work ethic
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Tala
Something looks off?