Senior Product Manager
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Identifying and incentivizing behaviors that unlock financial access, choice, and control for the underserved is core to Tala. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the Lending team to lead our Loyalty and Engagement strategy, driving long-term customer retention and new revenue via incentive programs.
What You'll Do
- Define an engagement strategy that identifies the highest leverage customer behaviors and uses incentives to drive meaningful customer behavior change
- Deeply understand our customer problems, needs, and business goals to prioritize and own a unified Loyalty & Engagement roadmap
- Lead a high-performance, cross-functional team of software engineers to drive execution and deliver measurable results
- Gather requirements, determine features, and develop product specs that minimize assumptions and ambiguity for engineers
- Drive alignment with a cross-functional group of stakeholders including Product, Credit, Data Science, Engineering, Finance, and Legal
- Share product and technical architecture insights and best practices with the broader product guild to help educate and evolve the platform
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of product experience in product management
- An understanding of data infrastructure and software architecture and experience leading infrastructure products
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to build the business case for technical improvements
- Fluency in Agile practices, and defining testing plans and success metrics
- Fluent in English
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.