IT, Accounting & Finance
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Tala is seeking a Compliance Audit Analyst to support Tala’s compliance infrastructure by monitoring policies and procedures, helping to implement and enforce internal controls, and providing regular reporting to the company’s Compliance group. This plays a critical role in Tala’s consumer compliance program and supports other regulatory initiatives. Responsible for executing audits in assigned areas, ensuring monitoring and testing various aspects of the company’s operations including (i) auditing payments, adjustments, and account revisions, (ii) ensuring complaints are investigated, (iii) reviewing suspicious activity, (iv) supporting any required AML auditing and reporting* and (v) other reviews as defined by the global compliance team.
What You'll Do
- Perform internal audits on assigned processes based on risk including annual, periodic, and ad-hoc.
- Perform vendor audits to ensure compliance and reduce risk including annual, periodic, and ad-hoc.
- Scope, design, execute, and finalize audit programs. Track findings and follow up with responsible parties for resolution.
- Ensure monitoring of customer complaint tracking, resolution, and reporting.
- Day-to-day or periodic ownership of required internal compliance audits including data privacy, payments, adjustments, demographic changes, collection practices, and policy adherence.
- Audits the adequacy of controls and monitoring within the business units. Design applicable controls where needed.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 1-year auditing
- Knowledge of audit best practices and experience designing and executing an audit program from scoping through exit reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google products.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders, including our Legal team
- Proficient in English.
Nice to Have
- Experience with a Big 4 audit or consulting firm is strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years of banking or Fintech experience. Collections, customer experience, or call quality experience preferred
- Experience with SQL, Looker, or other reporting tools
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.