People Operations Coordinator
Administration, People & HR, Operations
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, December 9, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Your role will be to ensure that employee experience, office operations, facilities and office management are done at the highest level; that Care, Speed and Individuality are values that the team not only lives out in how they work, but experience as they work.
What you will do:
- Attend weekly team huddles for tracking of tasks by the team
- Set up food, venue, and technology (as needed) for weekly office activities such as Lunch & Learn and Team Buildings.
- Organize all travel for MX team going to the US, travel and accommodation requirements for MX team, as well as accommodation requirements for US team members coming to MX.
- Set up and management of conference rooms.
- Manage relationship with Building Manager assigned to Tala by Colony Spaces, by tracking supplies and cleanliness of office and giving feedback to cleaning assistant as well as line manager.
- Work with MX People Director on facilities projects including scouting for office spaces and coordination on possible office relocations.
- Research as needed and provide the Ops team with quotes and recommendations for vendors.
- Work with MX HR Generalist to ensure all accounts, equipment, and softwares are set up for new hires.
What you need to success:
- Previous experience working in an officeInterest in the company mission and emerging markets.
- Organized and Analytical.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
- Ability to work independently and a self-starterProven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to have fun and laugh on the jobDemonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.