Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 60 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
About The Team
This role will report to the Manager, Financial Reporting under the Financial Reporting team. As the Life360 Finance team continues to grow as a SEC registrant and an ASX listed company, we now need the expertise of a Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting to assist with all aspects of financial reporting, both internal and external. Having surpassed a $1B valuation and have acquired 2 companies, we are expanding our nationwide team to support the growth of the company. This close knit group enjoys working together, supporting each other, and are self starters, all while being remote. The team does get together throughout the year to connect and collaborate.
About the Job
We are looking for a highly motivated and technically savvy Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting who has a proven ability to successfully thrive in a fast-paced environment. This role will support all aspects of internal and external reporting, including SEC reporting, as well as contribute to technical accounting research and analysis. This position will work closely with various members of our accounting, finance, and legal teams as well as external auditors.
The US-based salary range for this position is $115,000 to $145,000. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the monthly calculation of stock based compensation expense and equity balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of all internal financial reporting packages for management and the board of directors
- Assist with the preparation of all SEC filings, including Form 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, and press releases, in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Prepare footnote support schedules, tie-out binders, and disclosure checklists
- Support investor relations with review and tie-out of materials in preparation of press releases and investor presentations
- Coordinate with external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Draft technical accounting memorandums and provide technical accounting guidance in areas of U.S. GAAP
- Perform financial analytics including variance analysis around the information disclosed in the external reports/disclosures
- Partner effectively and proactively with legal, accounting, and tax on all financial reporting matters
- Update internal control documentation and play a key role in the Company's SOX compliance effort
- Assist on special projects as needed
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant industry experience with current or recent public company financial reporting experience. Big 4 accounting firm experience is preferred.
- CPA or similar designation required
- Strong accounting background with solid understanding of FASB, U.S. GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC financial reporting standards as well as experience with technical research
- Detail oriented, strong organization and problem solving skills with the ability to track multiple tasks and issues at once
- Strong critical thinking skills and discipline to deliver complete and accurate results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact and build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, coordinate the efforts of others, work well with people at a wide range of levels and demonstrate high motivation
- Internal control/SOX experience is a plus but not required
- Workiva experience is a plus but not required
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Before Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!