At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 60 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
About The Team
The Life360 Revenue Team is looking to hire a Revenue Accountant to play a key role in the Accounting organization by supporting revenue growth. In this role, you will partner with various teams to complete the month-end revenue process, improve revenue operations and learn complex revenue transactions that include multiple element revenue arrangements, direct to consumer and enterprise business revenue. Reporting to the Revenue Manager, this role requires the candidate to have a fundamental understanding of revenue recognition guidance for subscription and hardware, and US GAAP. This is an exciting opportunity to learn, build and influence revenue processes, and to continue to mature and enhance revenue analytics and insights for a public company! Our team strives to build a collaborative environment where our team members can pursue their professional development and take ownership of their careers, while having access to support and mentorship.
About the Job
The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for many elements of the revenue cycle and related controls including month end close activities that relate to manual and systematic recognition of revenue, deferred revenue, contra revenue, reconciliation, analytics and more. This role will also be included in data and process enhancement projects and requires a project management mindset and ability to multitask and prioritize in order to be successful.
The US-based salary range for this position is $95,000 to $125,000. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Record revenue in accordance with company policy and GAAP for various revenue streams and new offerings as applicable.
- Work closely with management to ensure bookings are compliant with revenue recognition rules and SOX requirements
- Support the monthly close process by preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and flux analysis. This includes but is not limited to, revenue, deferred revenue, contra, and cost of sale accounts
- Understand the fundamentals of revenue analysis and preparation of metrics to enhance performance insights; learn to identify trends and surface / solve for comparative period discrepancies (i.e. subscription analytics, GAAP vs non-GAAP reporting, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of new processes and system automation related to new product offerings to ensure scalable revenue processes
- Document processes for the various revenue streams and support an innovative environment that can scale as the business grows
- Work with cross-functional partners on an ongoing basis to support business processes as well as special projects.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and SOX requirements; provide support for internal and external audits.
- Learn to perform system data reviews for various existing and new revenue streams, investigate anomalies and action conclusions to help data enrichment processes
- Learn to proactively mine datasets and surface meaningful insights. Support cross-functional data enhancement projects and document plans and outcomes
- Contribute to implementation and enhancement of systematic processes and automation to support our scalability goals
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or relevant field
- 1+ years of experience in accounting with prior revenue accounting experience preferred
- CPA designation highly desirable
- Knowledge of accounting principles including ASC 606, audit requirements, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Focus on quality with the ability to follow detailed procedures, create documentation of processes and maintain compliance with regulatory and other controls
- Experience with NetSuite preferred + strong analytical skills, including advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to clearly explain complex concepts and issues
- Ability to excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Ability to understand broader business, operational and financial issues
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational abilities to prioritize workload and manage a high volume of requests
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member to build and nurture solid relationships with fellow teammates and cross-functional business partners
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Before Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!