At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 60 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
About The Team
The Life360 Revenue Team is looking to hire a Manager, Revenue to play a key role in the Accounting organization by supporting revenue growth. In this role, you will partner with various teams to enhance revenue operations and lead accounting for complex multiple element revenue arrangements. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Revenue, this role requires the candidate to have a strong understanding and application of revenue recognition guidance for subscription and hardware, and US GAAP. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a lean team with direct report(s), build and influence revenue processes, and to continue to mature and enhance revenue analytics and insights for a public company! Our team strives to build a collaborative environment where our team members can pursue their professional development and take ownership of their careers, while having access to support and mentorship.
About the Job
The Manager, Revenue is responsible for overseeing the full end-to-end revenue cycle and process maturation. Month end close activities pertaining to revenue include manual and systematic recognition of revenue, deferred revenue, contra revenue, reconciliation, analytics and more. This role also heavily focuses on data and process enhancement projects and requires a project management mindset coupled with the ability to multitask, prioritize and communicate effectively in order to be successful.
The US-based salary range for this position is $135,000 to $180,000. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Technical advisory of revenue generating customer arrangements for appropriate accounting treatment and revenue recognition.
- Lead and manage revenue recognition for subscription & hardware revenue in accordance with company policy and GAAP
- Work closely with management to ensure bookings are compliant with the latest revenue recognition rules and SOX
- Support the monthly close process by preparing and reviewing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and flux analysis. This includes but is not limited to, revenue, deferred revenue, contra, and cost of sale accounts
- Play a key role in various revenue month end close tasks, support the audit process, provide support and ensure MEC activity is compliant
- Prepare / update workbooks and standard operating procedures for month-end close activities
- Lead revenue analysis and preparation of metrics to enhance performance insights, identify trends and surface / solve for comparative period discrepancies (i.e. subscription analytics, GAAP vs non-GAAP reporting, etc.)
- Own and be the driving force in designing, developing and enhancing key measurements of success (and related dashboards) and forecast to actuals to assess revenue performance
- Define and lead process creation and system implementation related to new product offerings to ensure scalable revenue processes
- Enforce compliance at all levels by defining engagement rules, documenting process for the various revenue streams, and supporting a controlled yet innovative environment to support scalability
- Lead multiple cross-functional work streams by creating thoughtful project plans, efficiently multi-tasking and adhering to tight deadlines
- Perform system data reviews for various existing and new revenue streams, investigate anomalies and action conclusions to help data enrichment processes
- Proactively mine datasets and surface meaningful insights. Lead cross-functional data enhancement projects and document plans and outcomes
- Implement and enhance systematic processes and automation to support our scalability goals
- Lead advanced rev rec tool updates to support automation of revenue allocations
- Partner with various departments to understand their initiatives and KPIs, ensure ability to monitor performance, and weigh revenue outcomes against business goals
- Lead by example, mentor and inspire the revenue team’s individual contributors
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or relevant field
- 5+ years of accounting experience including specific experience in revenue accounting
- CPA designation highly desirable
- Knowledge of accounting principles including ASC606 revenue recognition, audit requirements, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Focus on quality with the ability to follow detailed procedures, create documentation of processes and maintain compliance with regulatory controls
- Experience with NetSuite preferred + strong excel skills
- Experience with advanced revenue recognition tools such as ARM or RevPro preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and solve problems in ambiguous environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately explain difficult issues; ability to think quickly and thoughtfully
- Ability to excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage a high volume of requests
- Ability to understand broader business, operational and financial issues
- Innate attention to detail and thrive in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Before Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!