Principal Product Designer, Growth
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
At Life360, we’re on a mission to simplify safety so families can live fully. Everyday more than 50 million members across 195 countries trust us to protect and connect their loved ones at home, on the road, and on the go.
From real-time location updates to keep everyone coordinated, to Crash Detection and 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Life360 is designed to free families from everyday worries. Our range of Driving Safety, Digital Safety, Location Safety, and Personal Safety features are there to keep our members safe every step of the way.
Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
In 2021, Life360 acquired Tile, the pioneer in finding technology, and Jiobit, one of the top real-time location monitoring platforms for families. These expanded offerings mark an important step forward towards achieving our vision of being the world's leading platform for people, pets and things.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
About The Team
The Product Design team is the driving force behind the design vision, strategy, creation, and execution of extraordinary member experiences at Life360. We are a small, ambitious group of talented product designers that share an unwavering commitment to craftsmanship and delight in everything we create. At the heart of our mission is a deep-seated dedication to serving our members through the transformative power of design. Join us in shaping a future where design excellence is at the core of our mission to deliver exceptional experiences and create lasting connections with our members.
About the Job
We are actively seeking a skilled Principal Product Designer I to join the talented Life360 Product Design organization. This role calls for a pivotal contributor who will be instrumental in steering our Growth team towards new levels of success. If you have a sharp sense of innovative design and a history of successful growth initiatives, transforming intricate concepts into meaningful and captivating user experiences this role is for you. The ideal candidate will thrive in a remote environment, demonstrating exceptional communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect with both the team and stakeholders. Tasked with the alignment of design innovation and business objectives, the Principal Product Designer I will be key in shaping delightful and engaging experiences for our members, working in tandem with cross-functional teams to realize our ambitious goals.
The US-based salary range for this position is $157,500 to $205,000. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the growth design vision and strategy, crafting innovative solutions to enhance member acquisition, retention, and monetization in alignment with business objectives
- Partner with cross-functional teams to execute growth initiatives, ensuring seamless communication and alignment
- Continually monitor and iterate on design strategies, aiming for optimal member experience and performance
- Foster a creative and innovative environment within the Growth team, encouraging new ideas and approaches
- Support senior designers and potentially take on mentoring roles, promoting a culture of excellence and collaboration
- Engage with senior leadership to align on design directions, incorporating valuable insights and feedback
- Collaborate with a diverse team to uncover member needs, behaviors, and opportunities, ensuring designs are rooted in user empathy and understanding
- Conduct A/B tests to evaluate the effectiveness of features or strategies, driving continuous improvement
- Conduct user research to guide design choices, ensuring they are rooted in member empathy and understanding
- Create detailed mockups and prototypes for new features or improvements
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of comprehensive product design experience, with a focus on creating impactful user experiences and driving growth
- A Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- A captivating portfolio that showcases a breadth of design expertise, particularly in driving user engagement and growth
- Proficiency in contemporary design tools and technologies, coupled with an awareness of industry trends and challenges
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, capable of effectively articulating design visions and rationales to a diverse audience
- A resilient and adaptable mindset, thriving in a dynamic and collaborative remote work environment
- Leadership experience is considered a bonus, showcasing the ability to inspire and guide teams.
- A positive attitude is essential—we value healthy discussions and prioritize ideas over egos.
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Before Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.