VP of Data and Analytics
Life360’s mission is to keep people close to the ones they love. We help families protect the people, pets, and things they care about with our industry-leading mobile app and category-defining Tile tracking devices. Life360 has more than 58 million monthly active users (MAU) in more than 150 countries. We are the 16th most-used iOS app in the US, running on almost 15% of iPhones. Life360 was founded in 2008, went public on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: 360) in 2019, acquired Tile and Jiobit device makers in 2022, and has plans to pursue a dual listing on a US exchange (i.e. NASDAQ or NYSE) in the near future. We continue to grow rapidly, with strong double digit growth delivering expected revenues of over $300 million in 2023. Our ASX listing gives employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Bringing together our highly successful mobile app with innovative devices, we have the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families across free and paid plans. Key features include location sharing, lost item reimbursement, driver monitoring, 24/7 roadside assistance, and crash detection with emergency response. By continuing to innovate and deliver for our customers, we aim to become a household name and establish ourselves as the must-have mobile-based membership for families of all stages.
Our growing team of 500+ employees operates as remote-first, with the majority of the leadership team centered around the San Francisco Bay Area and people located across the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia. A remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees.
Opportunity for Impact
Life360 represents a unique opportunity for impact because our massive highly engaged customer base (58M+ MAU) provides an amazing source of insights, and your leadership will ensure that we’re continuously learning and improving how we serve our customers and grow our business. You will grow and develop analytics talent and tooling across domains, including product analytics, marketing analytics, and core business metrics, while increasing our acumen in experimentation and scaling our data science capabilities. Your team will go beyond reporting on the data–they are uniquely qualified and empowered to make sense of billions of data points about how families move and interact to identify new ways to promote connection between family members, improve safety (on the road and off), and to find compelling ways to help the world understand the value of location sharing and the services we provide. You will partner with product, marketing, engineering, and finance leadership to build a data strategy and use that data and the insights we derive from it to help inform our product, marketing, and overall business strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Leadership: Nurture our growing analytics function, helping the team deepen their understanding of and impact on the business, and fostering a culture of empowerment, accountability, innovation, and excellence.
- Data Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive data strategy, in partnership with engineering, and aligned with business objectives, ensuring the effective capture, storage, analysis, and utilization of data assets.
- Insights and Storytelling: Utilize the latest analytics techniques to extract actionable insights from large and complex datasets, coupled with automation and self-service capabilities, to drive informed decision-making across all levels of the organization. Develop ways of communicating the meaning behind the data so that employees, investors, and the general public can leverage these insights.
- Product and Marketing Experimentation: Collaborate closely with product and marketing teams to improve our experimentation methodology and velocity; identify opportunities for optimization and enhancement based on data-driven insights into user behavior, preferences, and trends.
- Performance Measurement: Help to identify, measure, and automate reporting for key performance indicators (KPIs) and establish robust frameworks for measuring and monitoring the performance of products, features, and initiatives.
- Forecasting and Modeling: Improve predictive models and forecasting methodologies to anticipate trends, user behavior patterns, and business performance, enabling proactive decision-making.
What We’re Looking For
- 12+ years of deep expertise in data science, experimentation, and growth analytics for a mobile, subscription, or consumer tech company.
- 5+ years in a senior leadership role overseeing analytics and data science functions, including managing managers, preferably in the mobile consumer tech space.
- Extensive experience leading experimentation at scale and helping both analytics teams, and the business and product teams they support, improve experimentation practices.
- Deep experience in statistical analysis, data mining, machine learning, and predictive modeling, with large data sets and distributed computing in a cloud based environment.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to translate data insights into actionable business recommendations and strategic initiatives, using visualization and storytelling to enroll others to follow through on these recommendations.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with a track record of building and developing high-performing teams, and influencing and collaborating with cross-functional leaders in engineering, product, marketing, and finance.
- Demonstrated experience translating strategic business and product questions into a successful data and analytics roadmap.
- Willingness and ability to roll up your sleeves get hands on when needed.
- Strong command of analytics and visualization tools, such as Tableau and Amplitude.
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and cloud-based analytics solutions (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud Platform) is highly desirable.
- BS/MS in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, or related field preferred.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Before Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!