Senior Software Engineer
Our engineering team is composed of passionate, driven, and talented engineers who focus on building and innovating cloud technology solutions that empower local businesses to thrive and better serve the deskless workforce in their communities. We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer (Full-stack) to join our growing engineering team.
As a Senior Software Engineer(Full-stack), you will join our Core HR team working on a new comprehensive worker HR management tool that encompasses the end-to-end lifecycle of deskless workers. This role will report to the Engineering Manager for Core HR
Day in the Life:
- As a Senior Engineer, you will work with your squad team members (local + remote) to ensure that implementations are consistent with the overall Engineering team strategy.
- You will collaborate closely with a colocated Staff Engineer, as well as other highly experienced engineers in an agile environment
- You will work closely with the Engineering Manager on communicating tasks, challenges, and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- You will contribute to the design and architecting of cutting-edge tools and technologies while maintaining the existing stack.
- You will guide team development efforts toward successful sprint delivery.
- You will maintain high software quality standards within the team by establishing good habits and practices.
- You will provide technical leadership to team members through mentoring and coaching.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of industry experience as an individual contributor in full-stack web development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a nice to have.
- Mobile and Flutter experience is a nice to have.
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing and maintaining microservice-based systems is a bonus.
- 2+ years of experience working in Agile software engineering methods and tools: Scrum, Jira, GitHub, DevOps, and software architectures that allow rapid iterations
- Demonstrate an understanding of requirement management and roadmap development with product managers
- Possess a passion for effective collaboration within and between cross-functional teams, with a history of building influence with Product and Design
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS) and architectural patterns and their trade-offs
- Experience working with globally distributed engineering teams is an asset
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stacks quickly on your own
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc
Our tech stacks are:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails / Nodejs
- Frontend: React / Typescript
- Database: PostgreSQL / Redis / DynamoDB / MongoDB
- Infra: AWS / Terraform / Kubernetes / Protobuf / Kafka / Elasticsearch
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empower deskless workers and local businesses
- An early employee opportunity at a Series B hyper-growth startup; work with the founding team and industry veterans to accelerate your career
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision. We pay 95% of your premiums for our employees and 85% for dependents
- 401K Plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Learning/development stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Office/WFH schedule
In compliance with the California Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is between $120,000 - $170,000 in San Francisco. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
Workstream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.