Senior Software Engineer
Our engineering team is composed of passionate, driven, and talented engineers who focus on building and innovating cloud technology solutions that empower local businesses to thrive and better serve the deskless workforce in their communities. We are seeking a talented Senior Engineer to join our growing engineering team.
Day in the Life:
- You are a seasoned Software Engineer with a strong background in application and infrastructure security.
- You advocate for and practice test-driven development (TDD) to ensure the delivery of high-quality, reliable software.
- You have a particular interest or expertise in the Fintech sector and you are always up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Your technical skills are complemented by your ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Who You Are:
- Proficiency in at least one of the following NodeJS development frameworks: Express, NestJS, Django or Flask, with experience in developing high-performance and high-availability backend systems.
- Experience with NextJS or other front end technologies a nice to have.
- Strong foundation in programming principles and design patterns.
- Experience with building scalable systems and test driven CI/CD commitment to quality software development.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB, have comprehensive understanding of the decision-making process between SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of caching mechanisms such as Redis or Memcached.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Demonstrated experience in designing distributed systems with a holistic perspective.
- Keep up with the latest technological trends and continuously improve productivity.
- Full professional proficiency in English
What We Offer:
- A mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empower deskless workers and local businesses
- An early employee opportunity at a Series B hyper-growth startup; work with the founding team and industry veterans to accelerate your career
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Learning/development stipend
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Office/WFH schedule
Workstream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.