Vice President, Total Rewards
Location: Remote, United States
Zendesk is seeking an experienced Vice President, Total Rewards to lead our company's global total rewards strategy and delivery, encompassing both compensation and benefits programs. This strategic leader will also oversee our global mobility team, presenting key initiatives to our board of directors' compensation committee and executive team. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a background in M&A total rewards strategy. As a core member of the People & Places Leadership Team reporting directly to the Chief People & Diversity Officer, we will look for a leader that represents the core values of Zendesk and People and Places. The right leader will learn the customer experience business and culture inside and out. Allowing you to provide strategic total rewards partnerships to the business leaders with and through the global Total Rewards team.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and implement a comprehensive total rewards strategy that supports our business goals, attracts top talent, and fosters employee engagement.
- Compensation Management: Lead the design, implementation, and administration of global compensation programs, including base salary, short-term and long-term incentives, and executive compensation.
- Benefits Management: Define and oversee the company's global benefits programs, ensuring they are competitive, cost-effective, and cater to the diverse needs of our employees across different regions.
- Global Mobility: Oversee the management of our global mobility team, developing programs and policies to support international assignments, relocations, immigration, and repatriation.
- Governance and Compliance: In partnership with our People Operations team, ensure all total rewards and mobility programs are compliant with international, national, and local regulations across all operational regions.
- Board Presentations: Present total rewards and compensation strategies and programs to the board of directors' compensation committee.
- Total Rewards M&A: Lead total rewards M&A activities, comparing current programs with target company practices and proposing comprehensive total rewards strategies pre and post-acquisition.
- Team Leadership: Provide day to day guidance, career development, and support to the global total rewards team.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field; Master's degree or relevant certification (such as CCP, GRP, CECP) preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with increasing responsibility in the total rewards field, ideally in a global software/technology/SaaS organization at a private equity held company.
- Proven experience in developing compensation, benefits, and mobility strategies, and presenting to executive leadership and board members.
- Strong understanding of global compensation and benefits laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and ability to use HR metrics for decision-making.
- Experience with M&A total rewards strategies is highly desirable.
- Excellent leadership and management abilities.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to transform complex data into actionable strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to influence at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to operate within a fast-paced, global environment.
- Adaptable with a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
The US annualized base salary range for this position is $252,000.00-$378,000.00. This position may also be eligible for bonus, benefits, or related incentives. While this range reflects the minimum and maximum value for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations, the offer for the successful candidate for this position will be based on job related capabilities, applicable experience, and other factors such as work location. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only (or OTE for commissions based roles), and do not include bonus, benefits, or related incentives.
The intelligent heart of customer experience Zendesk software was built to bring a sense of calm to the chaotic world of customer service. Today we power billions of conversations with brands you know and love. We advocate for digital first customer experiences—and we stick with it in our workplace. Over 5,000 employees worldwide are collaborating from kitchen tables, home offices, coworking spaces, and Zendesk workspaces to make one team.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.